Vice Principal-Elementary Section for renowned Islamic English Medium School
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to assist the building principal in organizing and fostering a positive, safe environment that is conducive to best meeting the needs of all students, staff and parents. This includes such responsibilities as: leading, directing, counseling, and supervising a variety of personnel and programs; creating effective parent, teacher, child communications, supporting, encouraging, mentoring, and evaluating staff; fostering teamwork between teachers and among staff and parents; and managing budget items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision with Faculty/Staff – Assist in: hiring/orientation; evaluating; working through concerns and classroom management; planning and directing meetings, staff development, trainings and in- services; communication: listening, feedback, and encouragement for all staff.
- Supervision with students – Assist in: orientation; counseling; discipline; due process; data gathering; student recognition; and securing student services with outside agencies.
- Communication and public relations with parents, business leaders and community members. Listen and respond to parent concerns with sensitivity.
- Conduct parent and student meetings and attend all after school activities.
- Curriculum/Instruction – Assist in: selection, training and implementation of district standards and initiatives; scheduling; implementation of goals and selection of instructional materials. Analyze test data, determine ways to improve instruction and student goals. Design and implement programming for Title 1, assisting with programming for ESL students, etc.
- Assist in supervision of support staff; creating and implementing safety and crisis response plans; maintaining facility and equipment.
- Assist Head of School with developing and managing school.
- Make presentations to students, parents, staff, at conferences related to Elementary Section.
- Develop the school’s yearly and monthly calendars and organize and oversee scheduling for teachers and students.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Graduate degree (M.B.A., M.A.,B.Ed. , M. Ed. etc.), plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 3 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Considerable responsibility with regard to general assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work, in addition, the work operations of a group of teaching employees, all performing basically the same type of work
- Intense mental demand. Operations requiring sustained directed thinking to analyze, solve, or plan highly variable, administrative, professional, or technical tasks involving complex problems or mechanisms.
- Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software etc.)
- Applicant must have knowledge about the International Qualifications i.e. PLSC, IGCSE O/A Levels, IELTS etc.
Salary negotiation depends on applicants’ background, Skill and experience.
As per School policy
Eligible candidates are requested to submit CV with cover letter attached with a passport size photograph through e-mail: email@example.com.
Hard copy of CV will be accepted.
Averroes International School
7/16, Block B, Lalmatia, Mohammadpur, Dhaka 1207
Application Deadline: 25 November, 2019